MS Senior Population Health Project Manager
Job ID: 91248
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Linthicum,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 8a-4p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
The Senior Population Health Project Manager coordinates directly with the leadership and staff of the Population Health Services Organization to develop operational project plans, manage projects plans on a day to day basis, and effectively communicate project expectations to stakeholders. The Senior PM will serve many times as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in population health related topics, while managing
and implementing projects and programs across the UMMS enterprise. Includes organizing and managing teams, developing project plans and schedules, managing issues, risks, costs, managing to schedule and scope and communicating at all levels of the organization.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties
performed by personnel so classified.
1. Manage processes, systems, tools and organizational resources to initiate, plan, control, execute and close projects and programs associated with various strategic initiatives, operational changes, compliance requirements and technology and/or operational improvements.
2. Leads enterpriseinitiativesthat meet therequirements ofthe JointCommission, HRSA,National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) and assistsin ensuring compliance with the standards involving population health and quality improvement. Maintains knowledgein various programs and serves as SME,when appropriate.
3. Interfaces with Health Informatics andInformationTechnology staffto develop systemsto collect data for reporting.Coordinates with Leadership on prioritizing projects.Maintains strong relationships with technology leadership to ensure projectsuccess.
4. Serves as SME in population health related topics and understands how projects/programs may support
strategic initiatives and priorities.
5. Coordinate/manage and implement population health programs across a site or enterprise.
6. Assure that all projects are traceable to objectives, sufficient to achieve the objectives and are within
the capacity of the organization. Maintains resource loading analysis to assure adequate project staffing.
7. Utilize key business skills to guide project leadership and team members in achieving the stated business objectives.
8. Effectively communicate & manage project expectations to business leaders, project managers, process
owners, project sponsors, team members and other stakeholders in a clear, concise and consistent manner.
9. Create clear agreement as to services and service levels to be delivered to the business leaders and all
stakeholders including identifying & documenting acceptance criteria, anticipated benefits and success metrics.
10. Define project objectives, develop and manage detailed work plans and deliverables, identify issues and risks, and identify risk mitigation plans.
11. Determines commonalities/differences within the team members’ goals, values and problem-solving
styles to get an understanding on how to generate multiple alternatives in leading group to achieve aresult.
12. Ensure that project objectives are met by monitoring & measuring progress regularly to identify variances to plan and take corrective action as necessary.
13. Provides assistance and recommendations with quality assurance tools and processes. Seek an understanding of project interdependencies in order to effectively work with others on potential impacts.
14. Accountable for all timelines and effective resource deployment. Maintain detailed project plans,
resource schedules & timelines with major milestones.
15. Schedule & facilitate project team meetings to ensure all project requirements are effectively communicated to the client and team members.
16. Perform status reporting to show the overall health of the internal operational project and clearly show project status, issues and action item tracking and capital/expense forecasting.
17. Provides presentationsto MedicalSystemstaff, practices, providers andexternalpartnersregarding plans, progress, andstatus of populationhealth andquality initiatives.
18. Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degreeor comparable work experience, required. Masters preferred.
2. 5+ years healthcare related field is required
3. 5+ years of related experience in management consulting, corporate PMO, business analysis, requirements gathering, business optimization, process improvement, technology product management, or similar positionsis required.
4. 2-3years experience in population health, quality reporting, practice operations or other related business unit required.
5. PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification preferred.
6. Lean Six Sigma Certification at Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
2. Deep knowledge of business analysis and project management process, management software tools, templates and techniques.
3. Progressively responsible project management experience in the healthcare business with multiple, concurrent programs and projects including the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of projects within a health care delivery system;
4. Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to convert technical insights into simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is understandable.
5. Strong cross-group collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise wide.
6. Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
7. Facilitation experience in complex, high risk, group dynamics including design workshops, facilitating sessions and working with teams.
8. Ability to apply business process principles to ambiguous and complex business problems to translate
operational challenges into working solutions.
9. Ability to develop metrics, collect data, analyze data to identify root cause and measure performance.
10. Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions,strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
It means a lot to me that UMMC is celebrating pride month this year. Early in my career, I kept a piece of me hidden every time I entered the workplace but eight years ago, when I joined the team here, I made a conscious choice not to do that any longer. I decided that I'm going to bring my whole self to work. So now when I entered the doors of the hospital I'm entering the door as a man who is gay, who has a wonderful husband and has three gorgeous children. I hope I probably celebrating pride UMC. We liberate those that still struggle to bring their whole whole self to work. And as an inaugural chair of UMC pride our employee resource group, I want to thank leadership for providing that platform from which to be heard and to be seen and to be recognized for the contributions that our community provides to the organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW