State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
MRI Technologist (Per Diem)
Req ID: 39187BR
Job Summary: Under general direction of the MRI Manager, performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties and procedures to hospital in and outpatients in accordance with orders of physicians. Performs these duties using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Assumes responsibility and quality of work in designated areas of procedures as required. This position requires a high level of technical and informatics knowledge and skill, and the ability to work in close cooperation with members of a team of physicians, nurses and other technical staff. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands and to seek managerial assistance as appropriate.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in performance of all procedures in MRI.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in scheduling and documentation of exams and maintaining accurate and complete records relative to the examinations performed.
- Performs quality control on all equipment according to standard procedures.
- Greets all patients by appropriate title, provides education appropriate to the exam and provides a complete medical record to the Radiologist.
- Prepares and administers all contrast material as appropriate.
- Associate's degree required .
- Registration required: American Board of Rad Tech.,Certificate 1 required: Basic Life Support
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- PACS and CR knowledge.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply