- Job Number: 00205490
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel East
- Employment Type: Full time
- Shift: Rotating Shift
- Hours: 40
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
Nurse Midwife will provide care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotion, social and spiritual needs. The Nurse Midwife, functioning in the spirit of team work, is accountable for the delivery of advanced practice nursing care, in collaboration with the perinatologists, OB/GYN and Family Practice physicians, utilizing standards, protocols, policies, procedures, and guidelines of the organization. Provides primary care in an ambulatory setting to women including the ordering of diagnostic tests and management of minor complications. Provides inpatient obstetrical care for essentially healthy women including labor management, delivery of infant, repair of lacerations/episiotomy and management of minor complications.
What we are looking for:
- Graduate from College of Nursing and Midwifery program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio and
- Certificate of Authority (COA) for Advance Practice Nursing in the State of Ohio
- Certification as a Nurse Midwife by the ACNM or the ACNM Certification Council
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Share job opportunities with family and friends through email.
With fraudulent internet hiring schemes increasing in frequency, please be aware that neither Trinity Health nor any of its entities will ever try to collect funds from a candidate or new hire. If you see a suspicious posting or are concerned about a recruiting interaction, please email email@example.com or contact us via live chat at jobs.trinity-health.org.