State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Mgr Medical Education Research
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 42263BR
Job Summary: Mgr Medical Education Research supports the strategic plan and educational research missions of the Center for Education. Reporting to the Director of Education Research, the Manager of Medical Education Research manages major research projects of the Center for Education, develops processes to facilitate the completion and submission of research manuscripts produced by the faculty of the Center, manages workflow for study implementation, data collection, management and reports for medical education research projects as deemed appropriate by the Director of Education Research. Participates in the writing and submission of research manuscripts for the Center. Participates as a research consultant to hospital faculty, fellows, residents, and students who seek research consultation and tracks user satisfaction and outcomes. Develops educational research content for the Office for Research website and Twitter feeds. Supervises the work of the Research Coordinator and statistical consultant.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing research projects. Works closely with Center leadership to coordinate or manage the team's initiatives and project plans, project milestones and deliverables.
- Manages hospital-wide education research initiatives such as the Upstander (diversity) training and manages required documentation for the Institutional Review Board.
- Manages and directs the workload of research staff in support of the goals and objectives of the department's education research programs. Provides research training as needed.
- Creates resources to educate hospital faculty, fellows, and residents interested in conducting medical education research. Includes creating content for Office of Research website and Twitter feed
- Assists in the design, implementation, and analysis of studies to measure the effectiveness of specific interventions in the medical education process. Reviews and streamlines as needed existing administrative processes,
- Collects data or supervises data collection through focus groups, surveys, and observation of teaching.
- Supports Director of Research in developing and delivering new Medical Education Research Scholarship program (18 month certificate program for faculty, fellows, and residents). Participates as faculty member in teaching qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Conducts literature searches, writes annotated bibliographies, and/or obtains relevant data for project development.
Manages library of high-priority funding opportunities for education research as well as research bibliography database.
- Leads project team meetings, including a review of action plans and tracking of project milestones. Updates action plans weekly and prompts accountable individuals to insure timely task completion. Supports activities of project teams and maintains accurate documentation of team minutes.
- Serves as a key resource for hospital faculty, fellows, residents, or students seeking consultation for research design and implementation. Provides consultation and tracks user satisfaction and outcomes.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: 1-5
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Bachelor's degree in health care and/or education required. Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in managing research projects and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Demonstrated skills in research and administrative software applications, including JMP or other statistical software; web-based applications; survey software including Qualtrics and REDCap; Microsoft Office applications; Qualitative Data Analysis software (e.g., Dedoose or NVivo). Experience with bibliographic software such as Mendeley.
- Demonstrated expertise in quantitative & qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate a large number of projects simultaneously with minimum supervision.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply