Location Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0016821
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in preparing and delivering medications under direct supervision of dispensing provider in accordance with prescription and within Federal and State Regulations.
- Prepares medications for provider dispensing the medication in accordance to prescription.
- Processes refills daily.
- Orders pharmaceuticals and receive/stock drugs.
- Completes pharmacy reports not limited to inventory reports and expired medications as detailed in Medication Technician Handbook.
- Works with corporate team to keep center updated with processes and procedures.
- Collects patient information for prescription and billing.
- Keeps filing system updated for multiple procedures/processes.
- Assists with pharmacy claims adjudication including calling insurances to assess and correct pharmacy claims rejections if appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ChenMed and/ or Jencare Neighborhood Medical Centers products, services, standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to multi task, operate phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems
- Ability to communicate and work with doctors, patients and other team members in a professional manner
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal & mathematical skills
- This position requires travel nationwide for training and support purposes as needed
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or equivalent required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a pharmacy setting
- Some knowledge in MS Office Suite
The Medication Technician is responsible for ensuring that the Medication room is running efficiently and is staying organized and operative. Some of the duties include taking inventory, answering the phone, checking patient information for insurance co-pays, restocking and ordering necessary supplies, assisting with delivery of prepackaged medication(s), keeping multiple, ongoing filing systems and performing other administrative tasks. Additionally, under the direct supervision of the dispensing provider, the Medication Technician accurately labels and delivers medication to appropriate patient. He/she also works with that dispensing provider to ensure that the medication has been delivered properly and in a timely manner. This is a healthcare position working directly with patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all patients.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director