MEDICATION HISTORY TECHNICIAN (NORTH LITTLE ROCK/PHARMACY)
BHMC-NORTH LITTLE ROCK · PHARMACY
North Little Rock, AR
Full-time, Day or Evening, Day and Evening
Req # 96212
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY - Job Summary (general statement of purpose or objective of position)
The Pharmacy Technician will have direct interaction with patients, visitors, physicians, and hospital staff in a professional manner consistent with Baptist Health values. The Technician will asssist with obtaining prior to admission medication lists for all inpatient and observation patients by querying patients, family members, caregivers, pharmacies, long-term care facilities, and physician offices. The MHT will document information in the electronic medical record and communicate their findings to a pharmacist for review.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Knowledge, skills, abilities, license, registration, certification, education, and experience
• Must have an active Pharmacy Technician Permit with State Board of Pharmacy in Arkansas (in good standing).
• Has achieved and actively maintains Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification.
• Must have at least one year of experience as a pharmacy technician, two years experience are preferred.
• Must have at least 12 college level credit hours that include a passing grade in English Composition with a C or higher and an overall GPA of 2.0 or greater OR has exhibited a positive work history within a Baptist Health facility for a minimum of three consecutive years, as demonstrated by annual performance evaluations (for current employees).
• Must successfully complete all requirements for MHT within 30 days of hire or promotion, to include the following:
1. Review and acknowledge understanding of Baptist Health policy and procedure and Arkansas Board of Pharmacy Law
2. Pass (score >/= 75%) a Prescription Medication Matching Test
3. Pass (score >/= 90%) a Prior to Admission Medication List Collection and Review policy and procedure exam 4. Complete a practical skills assessment as outlined in department policy
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.