US – Los Angeles, CA
M-F;8AM-5PM; Hours may vary
$19.20 – $26.92 Hourly
February 16, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Ability to perform under the pressure of frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Ability to proofread very detailed materials and monitor work accurately.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and diplomatically interact with others.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information.
- Knowledge and skill in using various computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook email and database software.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, faculty, residents, nurses, students, University representatives, patients and the public.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule which will include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to organize and track multiple records and requests and follow through in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle confidential material while protecting its strict confidentiality.
- A minimum of two years of scribe or related physician support experience preferred
- Prior experience with training new Physician Support Assistants preferred
- Previous experience with electronic medical records such as Medhost, EPIC, Cerner, etc. preferred
- Detailed knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to distinguish different exams and medical diagnoses is required.
- Knowledge of E&M codes and the level of documentation necessary for each billing level preferred
Share this job