Medical Records Clerk
PT BE 20-39 HRS
YesterdayRequisition ID: 1549
The Medical Records Clerk is responsible for the seamless and timely processing of Harbor’s Electronic Health Records (EHR). Position is 20 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
- Processes requests for paper medical records in a timely manner.
- Dates, time stamps, and scans into Electronic Health Record (EHR) all consult and diagnostic batches.
- Scans, files and properly disposes of miscellaneous reports and tests.
- Responds to requests for medical information/Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Obtains and processes consult notes and diagnostics results into the patient’s chart in the EHR.
- Maintains all credentials up to date for consult notes and diagnostics results processing.
- Scans and files documents.
- Transfers PHI to CD’s, transfers CD’s or paper records into EHR.
- Assists with quality assurance projects/reports and ad hoc audits.
- Responds to requests from internal and external customers (agencies/institutions) for copies of medical information in compliance with HIPAA to be exported from the EHR in a timely manner.
- Answers incoming phone calls for department requests.
Preferred/Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of work experience in a professional setting
- 1 year of work experience in a a medical setting, preferably in a community health
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Excel, Word
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.