Medical Records Clerk
FT 40 HRS
5 days agoRequisition ID: 1668
The Medical Records Clerk is responsible for the seamless and timely processing of Harbor’s Electronic Health Records (EHR). Position is based at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center in Dorchester.
- Processes requests for paper medical records in a timely manner.
- Dates, time stamps, and scans into Electronic Health Record (EHR) all consult and diagnostic batches.
- Scans, files and properly disposes of miscellaneous reports and tests.
- Responds to requests for medical information/Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Obtains and processes consult notes and diagnostics results into the patient’s chart in the EHR.
- Maintains all credentials up to date for consult notes and diagnostics results processing.
- Scans and files documents.
- Transfers PHI to CD’s.
- Transfers CD’s or paper records into EHR.
- Assists with quality assurance projects/reports and ad hoc audits.
- Responds to requests from internal and external customers (agencies/institutions) for copies of medical information in compliance with HIPAA to be exported from the EHR in a timely manner.
- Answers incoming phone calls for department requests.
Preferred/Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of professional work experience, of which 1 year of experience is in a medical setting, preferably in a community health center
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Excel, Word
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.