Medical Records and Referral Supervisor
FT 40 HRS
YesterdayRequisition ID: 1625
The Medical Records and Referrals Supervisor is responsible for supporting the operations of Harbor Health’s Medical Records and Referrals Departments.
- Ensures efficient and effective day to day operations of both the Medical Records and Referrals Department.
- Participates in the planning, coordinating and/or supervising of all Medical Records/Referrals functions.
- Daily responsibility for the scheduling and realignment of staff to ensure effective coverage for report processing, gathering referrals, and processing medical records filing, task box coverage.
- Ensures all related processes such as daily queues and electronic tasking is functioning and effectively trouble-shoots and problem-solves any logistical and technical issues.
- Assists in the implementation and monitoring of the new initiatives.
- Ensures the prioritizing of electronic workflows and champions these initiatives.
- Monitors daily filing/ sub-status volumes, task boxes, runs daily and weekly performance reports and uploads to our internal employee website.
- Working with the Sr. Medical Records Clerk, ensures that charts required by the various departments are timely retrieved, reviewed for completeness, accurately filed, and distributed to the appropriate site.
- Ensures that authorizations for medical records are authentic and meet the requirements under policy, regulations and/or statute.
- Assists with hiring department staff.
- Responsible for direct supervision and management of Medical Records and Referrals Staff.
- Works with Manager of Support Services-Community Health Centers to support both the Medical Records and Referrals department operations and performance.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and takes corrective action, if necessary.
- Ensures team understands and complies with all department objectives, performance standards, and policies. Provides orientation and training and on-going education for Medical Records and Referrals Staff.
- Provides coaching on quality control evaluations.
- Trains and prepares Medical Records Clerks and Referrals Coordinators to work on their assigned teams and communicates with external agencies to achieve stream-lined communications.
- Answers representatives and other Harbor Health staff questions regarding best practices, complaints, and investigations.
- Identifies operational issues and suggests possible improvements.
- Prepares reports and analyzes data to assist management as they determine department goals.
- Must be able to travel between Harbor Health site in a timely manner.
- Approves time cards for Medical Records Clerks/Referrals Coordinators per pay period in a timely manner.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 or more years of experience in a health care setting with increasing responsibilities
- Skills/experience with health insurance, managed care/referrals and electronic health management systems, EPIC highly desired
- 2 years of direct supervisory experience required.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.