Medical Lab Technician
Job ID: 91637
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: n/a
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
Medical Lab Technician
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Supplemental/Per Diem – Rotating Shift
Glen Burnie, Maryland
The Power of Caring
Within all of us there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, we know that caring can’t be taught, it’s something that comes naturally.
We’re looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary Laboratory Team at UM BWMC — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Named Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland and features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another. As a Top 10 Maryland hospital ranked by U.S. News and World Report, UM BWMC is the pulse that keeps Anne Arundel County moving forward.
Under the supervision of the Section Supervisor, performs testing of patient specimens in one or more departments within the Laboratory. This position requires practical as well as theoretical knowledge of test methodologies which assist the medical staff in the diagnosis and management of disease and medical disorders. Patient contact and specimens from patients may include infants to adult-geriatric.
As a member of our team, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Growth & Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- A.A. degree from a school of Medical Lab Technician approved by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. OR High School diploma with courses in basic science plus one year of training in a school approved by the Board of Certified Laboratory Assistants or, graduation from a Military Laboratory Technician school after 12 months of internship.
- Also included are those individuals with sufficient college credits to qualify as a student for a school of Medical Technology with credentials approved by the Board of Registry of ASCP.
- Knowledge of various laboratory instrumentation required. Proficient communication skills required. Ability to read and perform basic mathematical calculations.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I believe the respiratory therapists within our hospital are very well-respected, and we tend to be valued as a team member when coming to patient care. We work very well with our multi-disciplinary staffing to make sure we come up with the best care for our patients, and our opinions actually matter and they're valued. And you would see that a lot of our physicians and nurses will come to us for recommendations, and we work very well for an overall plan. So this is something that's great for our community.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW