State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Medical Lab Scientist II - Chemistry Lab - Night - Sign On Bonus Eligible
- Full Time, 40 Hours Per Week
- Night Shift, 11:00PM-07:30AM EST.
- Rotating Weekend and Holidays Required.
SIGN ON BONUS:
As part of an unprecedented organizational initiative, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is now offering up to $7,000 in sign on bonuses for Medical Lab Scientist II positions.
Bonuses are paid out within the first 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes. Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses. (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply)
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 43243BR
Job Summary: Performs tests, confirms accuracy of results and reports laboratory findings to the Pathologists and other Clinicians.
- Prepares specimens for examination. Performs complex chemical, biological, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, and/or bacteriological tests according to established laboratory procedures. Uses automated equipment and instruments capable of performing tests simultaneously.
- Performs and documents start-up, quality control, calibration, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting procedures on instruments and laboratory equipment per established laboratory protocols. Assists with inventory management to maintain adequate supplies for patient testing.
- Performs routine testing, preparing of specimens, and evaluation of test results. Evaluates QC and calibration results for acceptability following established laboratory policies before reporting patient results.
- Ensures accuracy of test results. Evaluates test results, enters test results into the LIS and reports critical/urgent test results to providers according to established laboratory policies. Reviews own work to ensure that all work products are accurate, consistent with standards, and produced in a timely manner
- Participates in mandatory and voluntary continuing education to stay current with developments in the field of laboratory medicine. Completes all required competency assessments including the running and resulting of proficiency testing samples. Participates in QA/QI projects.
- Participates in the evaluation of new methods, procedures and instruments and in the development of technical standard operating procedures under the direction of the laboratory leadership.
- Adheres to all established laboratory safety and infection control policies and procedures. Follows all OSHA guidelines.
- May perform venipunctures, including blood culture collection, and fingersticks ensuring proper ID/labeling of specimens and using vein preservation techniques. As well as other basic duties assigned by Manager or Team Lead.
- Answers basic client questions and inquiries. Asks for assistance from co-workers, Team Leads, and Supervisor to ensure client questions and inquires have been satisfactorily answered.
- Assist in the training of staff and demonstrates ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory, Life Sciences or Medical Technology required.
- Certificate 1 ASCP Registered preferred., or equivalent accreditation.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply