Medical Lab Scientist, Core Lab
Job ID: 84785
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 2:30PM-11:00PM, M-F and e/o weekend
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Medical Lab Scientist
Full-Time – Evening, 2:30p-11p, and every other weekend
New Grads encouraged to apply!
Medical Lab Scientist, under general supervision within Core Lab, performs complex chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests and analysis of body specimens and fluids in accordance with departmental procedures and regulations stipulated by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act.
Our Core Lab applies its knowledge of the mechanisms of disease to diagnosis, prevention, and treatment. Research, education, and clinical activities are conducted in cooperation with other clinical departments, the Shock Trauma Center, and the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Proficient knowledge of clinical laboratory processes, analytical procedures, and various laboratory equipment including routine maintenance and calibration.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, basic sciences or related field.
- Must be eligible for certification by a nationally recognized program, e.g. ASCP or equivalent and obtain certification within 12 months of employment.
- A successful completion of a NACCLS accredited clinical rotation or at least 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in an accredited hospital or reference laboratory setting is also required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on