LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR REGISTRATION: N/A
1. Obtains and sorts specimens from various delivery sources including the pneumatic tube system, specimen window, and courier services.
2. Verifies acceptability requirements are met for clinical laboratory specimens prior to receipt into the laboratory information system.
3. Verifies labeling acceptability and specimen stability requirements are met for anatomic pathology specimens.
4. Identifies and resolves unacceptable specimens, such as those with labeling, specimen type, or specimen stability issues. If unable to resolve, brings them to the attention of a Medical Laboratory Assistant II or Manager for resolution.
5. Receives instrument ready barcoded specimens into the laboratory information system appropriately.
6. Identifies and processes orders in the Electronic Medical Record for specimens received without instrument ready barcode labels. Identifies and processes orders for irretrievable body fluid specimens. Identifies and modifies incorrect orders placed based on specific order requirements for various specimen types.
7. Receives samples with orders placed in the Outreach laboratory information system appropriately. Enters employee exposure lab orders into the Outreach laboratory information system. Enters orders from a paper requisition into the Electronic Medical Record or Outreach laboratory information system.
8. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of specimen triage and distribution to appropriate laboratory sections.
9. Performs specimen processing techniques including centrifugation and aliquotting. Loads clinical laboratory specimens onto the automated testing track.
10. Demonstrates intermediate to advanced knowledge of troubleshooting of laboratory order and specimen issues.
11. Provides coverage of inbound calls for Laboratory Client Services during their off hours. Provides guidance to fellow members in order to ensure accurate and timely processing of specimens. Assists with training and mentoring of new team members and students.
12. Assists with Quality Assurance and Safety documentation.
13. Completes special projects as assigned.
14. Completes a minimum of four continuing education hours outside of annual in-service requirements.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to communicate courteously and professionally with internal and external customers
Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service
Strong computer information systems and data entry skills
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Basic hand-eye coordination and the ability to handle multiple tasks
Exposure to risk of infection from disease-bearing specimens
Exposure to risk of blood borne/airborne disease
Must wear protective equipment (gloves, lab coats, eye protection, and face protection)
Possible exposure to odorous and toxic/flammable/corrosive chemicals and specimens
Moderate noise environment
Subject to injury from sharps
May require judgment/action which could result in death of patient
Subject to many interruptions and stressful situations
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
Exposure to hazards for electrical/mechanical power equipment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.