Medical Director, Quality & Patient Safety
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The individual awarded will perform this administrative leader role 50% of their time and the other 50% will be as a practicing provider in their area of clinical expertise.
Under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Director, Quality & Patient Safety is responsible for ensuring medical staff engagement in the continuous improvement process; engaging with physician leaders and clinicians throughout the organization in a hands-on fashion to build quality, efficiency, effectiveness and a sense of shared accountability, and leading continuous improvement programs to develop a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
1) Doctorate degree in Medicine.
1) Four years of practice experience preferred.
2) Respected MD (preferably clinically active) with preferred experience successfully initiating change management and care/quality improvement processes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of cutting-edge healthcare landscape related to integration of quality, patient safety, patient experience, and equity.
2) Superb written and verbal communication skills with capability of presenting clinically credible information to small and large groups.
3) Demonstrated ability in utilizing negotiation, conflict resolution, and mediation to bring staff with diverse interests into a reasonably cohesive group that can work effectively together.
4) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Health.
1) Current licensure as a physician in the state of Pennsylvania.
2) Board certification in a specialty preferred.
Receives minimal supervision from the Chief Medical Officer.