Providence Health has two campus locations. Providence Health's main campus is located in the heart of downtown Columbia. The 258-bed hospital is best known for its expertise in cardiac care and serves as a nationally-recognized referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Located near Highway 77 in Northeast Columbia, Providence Health Northeast, is a 74-bed full-service hospital with special focus on neurosurgery, orthopedic care, and emergency services. For more information on Providence Health please visit:
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Thoracic and Cardiovascular Associates are looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team.
The surgery team of Providence Cardiovascular and Thoracic Associates is recognized nation-wide for the quality of its surgery and its successful recovery outcomes. In fact, The Society of Thoracic Surgeons ("STS"), the industry's most trusted ranking database providing one of the most highly-regarded rankings in the industry, have awarded our surgeons the highest possible score for coronary artery bypass grafting (the most commonly performed open heart procedure in the country) for every single ranking period.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may include: setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned which may include: respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Provides assistance in managing referrals into or out of the practice operation
- Tracks and follows all referrals as appropriate sufficient to assure that the patients’ needs are met.
Minimum Work Experience
Minimum of one-year work experience in public contact job, preferably service related. Experience or interest in health care.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Required Licenses and Certifications
[South Carolina, United States] Medical Assistants
Certified Medical Assistant in the state of South Carolina
Active BLS obtained from the American Heart Association
2750 Laurel Street, Suite 305
Columbia, SC 29204
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.