MEDICAL ASSISTANT SCRIBE
Our Medical Assistant works under the general direction of the physician with the assistance of the clinical coordinator if applicable; reports directly to the office manager. You will provide health care to individuals and families as instructed by the physician; performs routine clinical procedures as directed by the physician; participates in patient education; enters appropriate documentation into patients’ health record; performs all other duties assigned within the scope of your certification.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited program for medical assistants
- National/Registered Medical Assistant Certification or obtained certification within 90 DAYS of hire date.
- Certification must remain current and active through-out employment.
- Valid CPR certification
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality and will use complete discretion when discussing patient information.
- Implements patient care under the guidance and direction of the physician, nurse and/or clinical coordinator.
- May screen patient phone calls to address patient questions and concerns under the direction of the provider.
- May perform intramuscular, intradermal, or subcutaneous injections when instructed by the physician.
- Assists physicians in providing care to patients and meeting required metrics in accordance with clinic policies, guidelines and other quality review organizations.
- Scanning of medical records, health maintenance reports and other items and assigning to medical provider to approve/sign off on.
- Document all health maintenance, diabetic education and meaningful use measures as needed on each visit.
- Order required preventative diagnostic services or referrals as indicated by office procedures (mammogram orders, colonoscopy referrals)
- Obtain medical request authorization for and preventative/meaningful use/quality measures as needed.
- Update immunizations and offer past due items at each visit.
- Log on to the servers in the clinic rooms daily.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist