Medical Assistant – Primary & Specialty Care (Beverly Hills)
$25.68 – $33.87 Hourly
July 8, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Possession of Medical Assistant Certification or diploma
- Possession of active CPR certification/BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Proof of completion of ten clock hours of training in administering injections and performing skin tests, and/or ten clock hours of training in venipuncture and skin puncture for the purpose of withdrawing blood, and satisfactory performance by the trainee of at least ten each of intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections and ten skin tests, and/or at least ten venipuncture and ten skin procedures
- Knowledge of normal and abnormal symptomatology and life threatening medical problems
- Ability to skillfully administer oral, IM and subcutaneous medications
- Ability to obtain accurate vital signs and drug refills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, ancillary departments, physicians and co-workers in a courteous and compassionate manner
- Skill to accurately perform a 12-lead EKG
- Ability to be flexible in working both back and front office to facilitate smooth workflow
- Knowledge and ability to set up and assist physician with any procedures within scope of practice
- Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling Biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and work overtime in cases of emergency
- Ability to push, pull or carry 30 lbs or more
- Experience using Electronic Health Record system(s)
- Venipuncture and/or phlebotomy certification
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered