- Medical Assistant Certification or Diploma.
- BLS/CPR certification.
- Ability to skillfully administer oral, IM and subcutaneous medications.
- Ability to perform venipuncture with skill, adhering to all OSHA PPE safety requirements.
- Ability to obtain accurate vital signs and drug refills.
- Skill to accurately perform a 12-lead EKG.
- Ability to order medical and clinical supplies and maintain adequate inventory.
Ability to schedule patient appointments and encounter patients using the MCCS Appointment Scheduling/Encounter Registration Programs.
- Ability to be flexible in working both back and front office to facilitate smooth workflow.
- Knowledge and ability to set up and assist physician with any procedures such as, but not limited to audiometry, spirometry, O2 saturation levels, skin tag and mole removals, ear lavage.
- Ability to perform accurate quality control and patient sample testing for waived tests.
- Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling Bio hazardous specimens or contaminated instruments.
- Knowledge of MSDS and emergency treatments.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as Medical Assistant in a physician office, medical facility.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered