Medical Assistant ll
Job ID: 86693
Area of Interest: Nursing Support
Location: Cheverly,MD US
Hours of Work: 8:30a-5p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Capital Region
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Performs clinical and certain administrative duties under the direction of physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments and maintaining medical records. Clinical duties may include but is not limited to taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
The following job description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude other work assignments not mentioned
1. Prepares patients for testing, treatment and procedures that the doctor may perform.
2. Performs wound dressings and/or changes
3. Removes sutures/stapes
4. Collects specimens and performs veniputure
5. Performs EKGs, visual acuity and hearing screenings
6. Performs ear lavage
7. Instructs patients on how to administer meter dosed inhalers
8. Administers nebulizer treatments
9. Administers oxygen to patients as instructed by provider
10. Collects historical health information from patients (to include pediatrics).
11. Completes reports for abnormal test (STDs) and sends them to the local health department
12. Administers vaccinations, contraceptives, and other medications (subcutaneous and IM) as ordered by provider.
13. Performs and records vital signs to include height and weight, blood pressure, respiratory rate, pain scale, BMI and head circumference for infants.
14. Cleans medical instruments and packs them for sterilization
15. Cleans medical equipment to include (blood pressure cuffs, thermometers, EKG machines, exam table/chair and stir ups).
16. Stocks exam rooms with supplies and assist with managing inventory.
17. Follow-up abnormal findings over the phone at the request of the providers.
18. Performs routine tests Point of Care test such as pregnancy tests, spirometry, glucose checks, and PT/INR.
19. Works directly with the providers as assigned.
20. Documents demographical and/or medical information into the electronic medical record and/or medical record with an ability to retrieve specific data accordingly.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Required: Must be certified to practice as a Medical Assistant in the State of Maryland. Registered Medical Assistant with the American Medical Technologist (RNA) or The American Registry of Medical Assistants.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW