Medical Assistant II
Job ID: 86666
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: 7:30a-4:30p
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
As a team member at St. Joseph Medical Center, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
Under direct supervision of the on-site physician, assists in the delivery of patient care. Performs delegated medical tasks, assists physician and nursing staff with patient care and may perform clerical duties. Where electronic system is in use, this position will utilize the EMR for documentation purposes. Fulfillment of job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas and to transport medications to/ from medication storage and delivery areas. Fully participate in the day to operations and patient flow and acts as a resource for Medical Assistant (MA) I.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program, required.
CERTIFICATION/ LICENSURE/ REGISTRATION:
- CPR certification, required.
- Current National Certification (AAMA) OR Registered Medical Assistant (ARMA), required. 5 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of certification.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Two (2) to Five (5) years’ experience as a Medical Assistant, required.
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- Knowledge of blood and body fluid precautions.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on