Medical Assistant HIRING NOW!
FT 40 HRS
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1424
The Medical Assistant assists the providers by preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording necessary data for health, weight, medication and allergies, performs simple lab tests such as urine dipstick, takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure, performs vision testing, assists providers with simple procedures and other related duties.
Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and rotating Saturday schedule 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
• Prepares patients for Provider visit/examinations; obtains and documents patient’s vital signs which include: Height, weight, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Temperature, Respirations, Oxygen Saturation, Pain Assessment, Vision Screening when required by provider.
• Obtains a medical history by asking patients questions about their new/changes to medical conditions, medication review, allergy review and documents appropriately in EMR.
• Performs and documents screening assessments in EMR such as Tobacco screening, HSQ (Depression Screening), Domestic Violence Screening
• Performs and documents all Point of Care CLIA Waived Lab Testing in lab area.
• Performs necessary daily Quality Control Testing on designated Point of Care tests.
• Assists patient with Portal Enrollment and answers patient portal messages as needed.
• Obtains Pre-Visit Daily report and reviews with provider.
• Assists the providers with simple non-nursing procedures, acts as a chaperone when necessary.
• Reviews and updates patient Care Guidelines
• Stocks exam rooms as needed using processes of central supply inventory and transfers to appropriate exam room and orders necessary supplies as needed.
• Disinfects patient touching equipment after every patient use; cleans and disinfects each exam room thoroughly after each clinic and documents completion in Log.
• Replaces Sharps Containers in each exam room when ¾ full with a new sharps container. Transports full sharps container to designated Bio-Hazard area.
• Assures continuity of patient care by tracking and obtaining outstanding lab and test results for all patient visits.
• Performs EKG’s as ordered by providers; performs additional tasks such as Telederm and RetinaVue processes as ordered by providers.
• Assists providers during sessions by copying and faxing patient care documents as assigned by provider or nurse; answers department telephone line and task box, if appropriate.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School Diploma and/or GED, Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited program, current CPR/BLS are required.
• Bilingual; English/Spanish, English/Vietnamese, English/Portuguese preferred.
The following may be substituted for the MA Certification:
• Successful completion of 1 year of an accredited Nursing Degree Program (must present official transcript.)
• 2 years of college level health care related science courses as well as a Medical Assisting Certificate from a non-accredited school or program (i.e. hospital, community college or and adult education certificate program).
• CNA or Adult Education Medical Assisting Certificate Program with 2 years of experience performing Medical Assistant duties in a professional setting.
• LPN with current license.
• EMT Certification.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.