Medical Assistant – Dermatology, Torrance
Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
$25.68 – $33.87 Hourly
November 16, 2021
Calculate Your Commute
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- A medical assistant diploma/certificate from a secondary, post secondary, or adult education program in a public school authorized by the Dept. of Education, in a community college program provided for in the Education Code, or a post secondary institution accredited or approved by the Bureau of Post secondary and Vocational Education in the Dept. of Consumer Affairs.
- Demonstrated completion of ten clock hours of training in administering injections and performing skin tests, and/or ten clock hours of training in venipuncture and skin puncture for the purpose of withdrawing blood, and satisfactory performance by the trainee of at least ten each of intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections and ten skin tests, and/or at least ten venipuncture and ten skin procedures
- Current and valid CPR certification with ability to administer CPR from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Knowledge of normal and abnormal symptomatology and life threatening medical problems.
- Ability to skillfully administer oral, IM and subcutaneous medications.
- Ability to obtain accurate vital signs and drug refills.
- Ability to assist in medical emergencies.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, ancillary departments, physicians and co-workers in a courteous and compassionate manner.
- Verbal skills to effectively convey sensitive information in a courteous manner in person or on the telephone.
- Skill to accurately perform a 12-lead EKG.
- Ability to follow proper channels of policies & procedures, communication & work standards.
- Ability to organize tasks to facilitate smooth work/patient flow
- Ability to be flexible in working both back and front office to facilitate smooth workflow
- Knowledge and ability to set up and assist physician with any procedures within scope of practice.
- Ability to perform accurate quality control and patient sample testing for waived tests.
- Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling Biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments
- Knowledge of MSDS and emergency treatments
- Ability to work overtime in cases of emergency
- Ability to be punctual and maintain a satisfactory attendance record
- Skill in maintaining a harmonious work atmosphere, practicing excellent customer service.
- Ability to push, pull or carry 30 lbs or more
- Venipuncture and/or phlebotomy certification.
- Ability to use computerized patient care systems.
- Ability to schedule patient appointments and encounter patients using the Care Connect Appointment Scheduling/Encounter Registration Programs.
- Knowledge to schedule patient for referrals to specialists.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered
SEE WHAT WE'RE UP TO
©2021 UC Regents