Medical Assistant – Annapolis OB-GYN – Full-time – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: July 28, 2020
Medical Assistants perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to help provide care to patients, support, providers, and keep office operations running smoothly.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Able to accurately register and schedule patients, print documents to include the provider's daily schedule
- Ensures that sufficient inventories of medical and office supplies are stocked and maintained in the office and exam rooms.
- Able to process the ordering of clinical supplies in accordance with practice standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards; completes lab requests, referral and health forms and maintains logs as mandated by state and federal regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures of AAHCE. Administers injections, EKG's, spirometry, perform phlebotomy, and renders therapeutic treatments (practice specific) as instructed by the physician.
- Understands how to determine patient eligibility using programs such as Medicaid EVS; can consistently identify when a patient is in need of a referral and/or preauthorization.;
- Answers and screens office calls, greets patients in a professional and timely manner; projects proper telephone etiquette; understands when it is acceptable to release patient's protected health information.
- Accurate, complete, and timely data input within the bounds of record access and in compliance with the processes and procedures governing the electronic health record. Accessing patient record information only as it directly pertains to the performance of work duties.
- Able to obtain patient vital signs and properly document them in the patient's medical record. Interviews, triages and prepares patients to facilitate smooth flow, assists providers in medical examinations, and provides other general assistance to the provider and staff as necessary.
- Demonstrates the I.C.A.R.E. behaviors to improve the patient’s experience
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of clerical/billing experience in a medical office setting.
- Experience operating multi-line phone systems, fax machines, photocopiers, PCs, credit card machines, glucometers, EKG machines and other medical equipment as required by the medical practice.
- CMA, RMA or AAMA (through an approved/accredited organization) preferred
- If serving as a bilingual/multilingual interpreter, certification in Medical Interpretation is required to perform the duties of a qualified interpreter.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification is required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy Duty
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)