FT 40 HRS
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1731
The Medical Assistant assists the providers by preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording necessary data for health, weight, medication and allergies, performs simple lab tests such as urine dipstick, takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure, performs vision testing, assists providers with simple procedures and other related duties.
CNA's, Nursing students and EMT's encouraged to apply! (see below for more info) Position is located at the Harbor Community Health Center-Plymouth. Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM with one evening rotation 12-8:30 PM.
• Prepares patients for Provider visit/examinations; obtains and documents patient’s vital signs which include: Height, weight, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Temperature, Respirations, Oxygen Saturation, Vision Screening when required by provider.
• Obtains a medical history by asking patients questions about new/changes to medical conditions, medication review, allergy review and documents appropriately in EMR.
• Performs and documents screening assessments in EMR such as Tobacco screening, HSQ (Depression Screening), Domestic Violence Screening
• Performs and documents all Point of Care CLIA Waived Lab Testing in lab area as needed.
• Performs necessary daily Quality Control Testing on designated Point of Care tests.
• Assists patients with Portal Enrollment and answers patient portal messages as needed.
• Assists the providers with simple non-nursing procedures, acts as a chaperone when necessary.
• Stocks exam rooms as needed using processes of central supply inventory and transfers to appropriate exam room and orders necessary supplies as needed.
• Disinfects patient touching equipment after every patient use; cleans and disinfects each exam room thoroughly after each clinic and documents completion in Log, replaces Sharps Containers in each exam room and transports full sharps container to designated Bio-Hazard area.
• Assures continuity of patient care by tracking and obtaining outstanding lab and test results for all patient visits.
• Assists providers during sessions by copying and faxing patient care documents as assigned by provider or nurse; answers department telephone line and task box, if appropriate.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School Diploma and/or GED, Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited program, current CPR/BLS are required.
• Bilingual English/Portuguese highly desired
• Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of EMR (EPIC) highly desired.
The following may be substituted for the MA Certification:
• Successful completion of 1 year of an accredited Nursing Degree Program (must present official transcript.)
• Two (2) years of college level health care related science courses (must present diploma/transcript) with healthcare experience in a hospital or ambulatory setting preferred
• CNA or Adult Education Medical Assisting Certificate Program with with healthcare experience in a hospital or ambulatory setting preferred
• EMT Certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status