FT 40 HRS
YesterdayRequisition ID: 1571
• Prepares patients for Provider visit/examinations; obtains and documents patient’s vital signs which include: Height, weight, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Temperature, Respirations, Oxygen Saturation, Vision Screening when required by provider.
• Obtains a medical history by asking patients or parents/guardians questions about new/changes to medical conditions, medication review, allergy review and documents appropriately in EMR.
• Performs and documents all Point of Care CLIA Waived Lab Testing in lab area as needed.
• Performs necessary daily Quality Control Testing on designated Point of Care tests.
• Assists patients and/or families with Portal Enrollment and answers patient portal messages as needed.
• Obtains Pre-Visit Daily report and reviews with provider.
• Assists the providers with simple non-nursing procedures, acts as a chaperone when necessary.
• Stocks exam rooms as needed using processes of central supply inventory and transfers to appropriate exam room and orders necessary supplies as needed.
• Disinfects patient touching equipment after every patient use; cleans and disinfects each exam room thoroughly after each clinic and documents completion in Log.
• Replaces Sharps Containers in each exam room when ¾ full with a new sharps container. Transports full sharps container to designated Bio-Hazard area.
• Assures continuity of patient care by tracking and obtaining outstanding lab and test results for all patient visits.
• Assists providers during sessions by copying and faxing patient care documents as assigned by provider or nurse; answers department telephone line and task box, if appropriate.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School Diploma and/or GED, Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited program, current BLS Certification are required.
• Bilingual; English/Spanish, English/Vietnamese, English/Portuguese preferred.
• Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlookk) and knowledge of EMR (EPIC) hgihly deisred.
The following may be substituted for the MA Certification:
• Successful completion of 1 year of an accredited Nursing Degree Program (must present official transcript.)
• 2 years of college level health care related science courses as well as a Medical Assisting Certificate from a non-accredited school or program (i.e. hospital, community college or and adult education certificate program).
• CNA or Adult Education Medical Assisting Certificate Program with 2 years of experience performing Medical Assistant duties in a professional setting.
• LPN with current license.
• EMT Certification.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.