PT BE 20-39 HRS
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1553
The Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the ESP clinic running smoothly. The Medical Assistant assists with coordinating clinical functions, and communication between the physician/provider team, Nurses and the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT )and provides clinical support to the provider during exams.
We are seeking minimum of 20 hours weekly (up to 30 hours available), Monday through Friday, working on site at the Elder Service Plan in Brockton.
- Takes and records routine vital signs, preparing patients for examination and assisting the physician during the examination.
- Collects samples (blood, urine, stool. Etc.) and processes with the lab.
- Administers immunizations, basic wound care, nebulizer and/or breathing treatments, EKGs, O2 saturation monitoring, and documents all care and services accurately and appropriately in the patient’s Medical Record.
- Schedules providers for all medical appointments; annual, semi-annual, acute, follow up and initial visits.
- Greets patients in a warm, welcoming manner and checks them into the clinical reception area prior to their medical appointment, walks them through the appointment and checks them out when completed.
- Answers clinic telephone, schedules provider appointments, arranges for hospital admission and laboratory services and updates and files medical records as needed.
- Interacts with participants and caregivers in a manner that adheres to the highest standards of care and professionalism.
- Assists with clinical communication to the IDT resulting from clinical visits and home visits by the medical providers.
- Maintains all logs and performs all equipment calibration associated with the operation of the clinic.
- Keeps clinic stocked with medical supplies and maintains a sanitary and neat work environment.
- Communicates with outside providers related to patient information and creating authorizations for service.
- Identifies problems, seeks solutions, conducts appropriate analysis and searches for the best solution.
- Responds quickly to new challenges and makes timely decisions.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited program.
- 2 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant in a health center or related setting.
- One year of experience working with a Geriatric population required.
- Beginner/Intermediate Level skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel .
- Proven ability to resolve problems creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a Team.
- Ability to maintain composure during periods of high stress.
- Bilingual or Multilingual preferred (Spanish, Haitian Creole, Vietnamese).
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.