• Ability to travel to Westwood/LAX locations for mandatory 2 or 4-week training upon hire.
• Current and valid CPR certification with ability to administer CPR.
• Demonstrated ten clock hours of training in administering injections and performing skin tests, and/or ten clock hours of training in venipuncture and skin puncture for the purpose of withdrawing blood, and satisfactory performance by the trainee of at least ten each of intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections and ten skin tests, and/or at least ten venipuncture and ten skin procedures.
• Skill in accurately performing a 12-lead EKG.
• Ability to schedule patient appointments and encounter patients using Care Connect.
• A medical assistant diploma/certificate from a secondary, post secondary, or adult education program in a public school authorized by the Dept. of Education, in a community college program provided for in the Education Code, or a post secondary institution accredited or approved by the Bureau of Post secondary and Vocational Education in the Dept. of Consumer Affairs.
• Ability to push, pull or carry 30 lbs. or more.
• Ability to work overtime in cases of emergency.
• Ability to be flexible in working both back and front office to facilitate smooth workflow.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.