Medical Administrative Assistant
FT 40 HRS
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1514
The Medical Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Health Center and patients. This position is 40 hours weekly, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, subject to change as clinic needs change.
• Responds to incoming calls in the Family Practice Dept. and triages messages and/or transfers appropriately.
• Schedules appointments for patients as necessary.
• Verifies patient/provider/care team information.
• Obtains information about referrals, prescription refills, and requests for lab results.
• Performs clerical duties for the department, which may include faxing, photocopying, sorting, and delivery of mail, reviews and ensures appropriate flow of documents.
• Requests and confirms medication refill requests.
• Processes Medical PT-1 (Patient Transportation) and PA (Pre- Authorization for medication), tracks Data for Grant Purpose such as Fit test etc. and answers EMR Task box.
• Obtains Urgent and Emergency Consult Notes.
• Documents results received and orders obtained, such as x-rays, etc. in Order Management.
• Documents ER follow up, Hospitalization and other medical visits or events.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High school diploma/GED
• 2 years of professional experience providing administrative support in a clinical setting
• Excellent customer service skills both in-person and on the telephone
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
• Proven basic skills with Microsoft office products Outlook, Excel, Word
• Priority setting skills, able to handle stressful situations in a calming manner
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate preferred
• Medical Assistant Certification and/or experience preferred
• Bilingual English/Portuguese highly desired or English/Spanish.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.