Med Tech / Med Lab Tech
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Under the direction of supervisors is directly responsible for the prompt and accurate performance of work assigned. Performs analyses on blood and other body fluids for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Maintains proficiency to work in all clinical departments of the laboratory.
1) Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Completed an approved clinical internship in an accredited school for medical laboratory technology.
1) No previous experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Continually strives to maintain good rapport and cooperation with all hospital departments, medical staff, patients, fellow employees, visitors, etc. by communicating effectively.
1) Certified MLT or MT with ASCP, AMT, NCCLS or equivalent certification or eligible to seek certification as an MLT with ASCP, AMT, NCCLS or equivalent certification. Obtains certification within one year of hire date.