MED ASST/PAT REP FAMILY PRAC
The Medical Assistant works under the general direction of the Physician or Nurse. You will provide healthcare to individuals and families as instructed by the physician. The MA will perform routine clinical process as directed by the physician you will also participate in patient education, enter appropriate documentation into patient charts and perform other duties assigned within the scope of your licensure.Your Job Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- 2+ years of professional medical assisting in a practice setting is preferred.
- National/Registered Medical Assistant Certification or obtained certification within 90 days of hire date.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Extensive standing and walking; frequent exposure to potentially infectious agents, communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a physician’s office; requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality, and will use complete discretion when discussing patient information.
- Implement patient care under the guidance and direction of the all physicians, ma’s and/or. Office Manager(s).
- May screen phone calls during triage under the supervision of a physician. Will function as a patient screener only, and will not make medical decisions during the triage process. Any triage phone call or face-to-face triage situation requiring a medical decision will be immediately referred to a physician.
- May perform intramuscular, intradermal of subcutaneous injections with complete documentation.
- Assists physicians and/or MA’s in providing nursing care to patients in accordance with clinic policies and procedures.
- Takes patient history and vitals.
- On a monthly bases check for expired medication, keeping appropriate documentation and disposal.
- Responsible for unpacking and maintaining medical supplies and vaccines and keeping supply closet organized.
- Assist in Rx refills via Fax, E-Rx or phone calls and updating in the patient medication module.
- Demonstrates an extensive working knowledge and practice of infection control procedures.
- Cleans and disinfects all instruments and maintain QA reports for the autoclave.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist