MDI DATA OUTCOMES COORDINATOR
METHODIST DALLAS MEDICAL CTR
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 9-5
Req # 20061611
The MDI Outcomes Coordinator professional responsible for clinical data abstraction that includes but not limited to case finding, abstracting clinical and quality variables, and reporting based on clinical documentation, lab and pathology reports, etc. Supports and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic plans of Methodist Health System
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Healthcare or related field required
- 3 or more years or more experience.
- Science and clinical background highly desirable; proficient with clinical issues for population served; experience in digestive and liver is plus
- Knowledge of ICD-O coding, anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, windows, word, excel, access, and statistics is a plus
- Experience with clinical indicators, outcome measures, and clinical research needs
- Knowledge of statistical processes, data analysis and display preferred
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
- Completes daily analysis of medical records for patients and determines eligibility for case reporting & abstraction; Maintains listing of cases to be coded and abstracted; Analyzes monthly disease index and other case reporting tools (e.g...., pathology) to identify qualified case for abstraction
- Obtain recurrence, subsequent treatment, and outcome information from internal and external sources as defined by data set and updates the record in the database; Follow-up information is entered as required
- Performs activities in a manner that protects patient privacy and ensures compliance with all relevant HIPAA regulations.
- May assists in the analysis of patient outcomes and dissemination of results, including development and publication of an annual report of MDI quality outcomes and measures; May assists in providing ad hoc reports, statistics and information for medical staff, administration, and/or accrediting agencies and/or governing body.
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.