Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician
- Req. Number: 2018-23229
- Posted Date: 9/5/2020
- Shift: 1-Day
- Address: N/A
- City, State: Reading, PA
- Department: THMG Maternal Fetal Med OH
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six acute care hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care — from prevention, screenings and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Tower Health’s caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and satisfaction.
Tower Health also has a growing relationship with Drexel University to advance its academic strategy. The two organizations are collaborating to build an additional site location for Drexel’s College of Medicine in Wyomissing, less than one mile from Tower Health’s flagship, Reading Hospital. When fully operational, Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health will have the capacity to train and educate up to 300 medical students. It is anticipated to be complete for the 2021-22 academic year.
Reading Hospital was named one of the top 50 best teaching hospitals in the United States, according to a ranking released by Washington Monthly Magazine and the Lown Institute. Reading Hospital ranked as number 46 on the list!
Reading Hospital, a 738-bed teaching hospital loctaed in beautiful West Reading, PA, is seeking an Innovative Maternal Fetal Medicine physician to join our busy, established MFM hospital employed group.
- Exclusively consultative practice: inpatient/outpatient/call
- Strong network of referring providers and an excellent group of general OB/GYN's
- Subspecialists include: Maternal Fetal Medicine; Gynecologic Oncology; Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility; Minimally Invasive, Urogynecology
- Team includes: 2 RN; 6 Sonographers; 2 Secretaries; 1 Administrator
- High-level diagnostic ultrasound-based care of high-risk obstetric patients
- Prenatal diagnosis and treatment
- Multiple large patient care databases to facilitate clinical research activities
- No primary prenatal care or deliveries required
- On-call roughly 1:2 weeks
- Biophysical testing
- Fetal echocardiogram
- First Trimester Genetic Screening
- High resolution ultrasound
- Non-stress testing
- Detailed Anatomy Screening
- Nuchal Translucency Scans
Residency Training Program
- Highly respected, regionally competitive program. Fully approved with 5 residents per year
- Candidates must be BE/BC in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience which may include residency in a directly related medical specialty.