State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 39834BR
Job Summary: The Marketing Director serves as the primary interface between the Marketing & Communications Department and a portfolio of assigned hospitals and business units (clients). Maintains a deep understanding all aspects of clients' business strategy, encompassing service offerings, operations, competitive landscape and financial performance. This individual builds strong relationships with administrative leadership, attending senior management meetings to identify opportunities to grow volume, and relays applicable client-specific intelligence to subject-matter experts in Marketing & Communications. Leads the operational execution of marketing campaigns developed at the system level, develops performance reports on marketing and communications campaigns and presents results to client leadership.
- Serves as primary point of contact for assigned clients, interfacing with subject-matter experts in Service Line Marketing Strategy, Digital Marketing, Marketing Research, Branding, Consumer Engagement, Media Relations and Internal Communications to ensure appropriate support of clients' business objectives.
- Builds strategic relationships with client leadership. Attends and actively participates in hospital and business unit leadership meetings, providing consultation and guidance to inform priority-setting and decision-making.
- Identifies business challenges and marketing opportunities based on detailed knowledge of clients' service offerings, competitive positioning and financial performance.
- Assesses local operational processes to support system-led campaigns, identifies workflow or access deficiencies and collaborates with local leaders to design and implement solutions to ensure the hospital/business unit is prepared to support campaign volume.
- Leads strategic marketing and communications plan development for client-specific marketing initiatives.
- Develops performance reports and presents results to local leadership.
- Manages client requests for tactical support, coordinates assignments with the Marketing & Communications Department as deemed appropriate.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8-10 years related work experience required in Business Administration, Marketing/Communications or other related field. and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Strategic thinker and the ability to mobilize cross-functional teams to develop fully integrated marketing strategy.
- Excellent market research, analytical, and problem recognition, avoidance and resolution skills.
- Strong skills to produce results and achieve predetermined goals within budget and time constraints Has a strong understanding of system marketing and communications resources and how they are best deployed.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Health care experience strongly preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply