Managing Director, Operations Talent
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Job Id R0016434
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces, develops and refines Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Center Operations and other disciplines. Ensures compliance with established standards.
- Establishes and executes benchmark Quality Assurance procedures for the efficient and effective operation of centers. Assists with legal issues as needed.
- Designs, develops and implements ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated medical center guidelines and protocols and ensures compliance with regards to the overall patient experience. Takes immediate action to execute improvements/changes when necessary.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement that align to our service culture, business strategy and goals
- Leads Performance Excellence team to drive continuous improvement activities across the enterprise from a clinical operations and business function perspective by integrating Lean Six Sigma principles, process re-engineering tools, and human factors concepts into the organization
- Manages escalated patient relations and operations issues to determine proper issue resolution.
- Builds, implements and oversees operational development strategies.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and communicate strategies to drive superior operational performance, resulting in improved healthcare outcomes.
- Assures the Operations COE is a trusted resource for interim Center, Market or Regional leadership support to achieve the company’s mission and vision.
- Oversees and facilitates learning and development of training programs that impact operations, including but not limited to SEAL and new operational leader training.
- Assists corporate and market Sales and Network Teams with implementing strategies established by the Board and/or Executive Leadership.
- Liaises as the operations DET subject matter expert (SME) for all markets and COEs within the organization.
- Constructs, develops and executes key operational strategies to ensure provider, patient, employee and regulatory expectations are met and exceeded.
- Develops and implements operational processes and toolkits utilized by market leaders that support the structure and scalability of the organization and execution of The ChenMed Way.
- Identifies and shares business controls and information across appropriate teams. Assures clear understanding and ownership of key scorecard metrics and measurements, as well as, total quality measures and initiatives.
- Establishes, delivers, manages and maintains the adoption of business controls that allow the organization to quickly identify trends and potential issues to address them in a timely manner.
- Develops and oversees service strategies in coordination with organizational goals and competencies.
- Evaluates the transportation financial model to reduce ongoing costs.
- Serves as an SME on select strategic initiatives to assist executives with the development of strategies and deployment plans.
- Participates on Corporate 3M committee to provide operational updates and initiatives to the CMO, COO, Founder, and COE leaders for Network, Clinical and CSE.
- Collaborates with these and other teams/COEs to accomplish the following:
- HR Learning and Development COE: to create training programs that impact operations.
- Market Leaders and Clinical Teams: to refine, enhance and improve overall center operations.
- Sales Teams: to aid and assist with market growth strategies.
- Network Teams, specifically Referrals: to establish, develop and redefine procedures and processes that will enhance referral operations and practices.
- Central Clinical Services and Medications COE: to refine, enhance and improve current process and procedures for medical coding and medication delivery.
- IT: as a business partner, for the development and implementation of technology that streamlines processes and supports the implementation of The ChenMed Way.
- Compiles the department’s budget; monitors expenses; analyzes and takes actions on variances.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and acuity
- High personal accountability for achieving results, high energy and strong drive to develop him/herself while learning our business model
- Ability to influence leadership, including fellow directors, to help drive processes, strategies and adherence to proper business protocols
- Ability to analyze data and metrics to create actionable items for leaders to optimize and implement
- Commitment to data-driven evaluation of initiatives and service levels
- Knowledge of DASH, RITS, MITS, HITS, Care Timeline and Workday
- Problem-solving and project management skills; understanding the big picture while being attentive to the details required to successfully implement and execute actionable items
- High level of personal agility; able to focus and deliver quick wins in a manner commensurate with the needs of the moment
- Agile thinker, able to quickly transform and convert opportunities into operational successes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key organizational stakeholders and influence operational improvements
- Able to effectively leverage business and organizational knowledge within and across functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 25% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Health Administration, Business Economics or a closely related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ related work experience in an operational effectiveness/efficiency position with progressive advancement to a leadership role required; hospital, medical clinic or a similar healthcare environment experience highly desired
- Experience to include a minimum of seven (7) years’ direct managerial experience within a customer/client service environment with strong performance and quality metrics required
- Experience managing a diverse group of expert and experienced professionals, including functional directors strongly desired
The Managing Director, Operations is responsible for leadership of the Operations, Performance Excellence, Transportation and Patient Relations COEs. The incumbent in this role works in close collaboration with the members of various other COE groups to refine, enhance, redevelop and standardize current operations practices, processes and procedures within our Senior Medical Centers across the JenCare, ChenMed and Dedicated markets. He/She manages a team of direct reports that together support the successful performance of our existing and new centers and markets resulting in positive outcomes of all employees at the centers. Responsibilities also include the design and facilitation of the SEAL training program and oversight of new operational leader training. The combined scope of the four departments oversees directors, associate directors, managers and specialists with a team of 25+ FTEs.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)