Manager Sterile Processing
The Manager Medical Instrumentation Sterile Processing is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating strategic initiatives, clinical management and operational oversight of the Sterile Processing departments/functions within the assigned market. Responsible for ensuring that such functions are within the limitations of laws, regulations, education, and hospital policies and procedures. Direct oversight and responsibility in day to day operational activities such as policy and procedure, quality assurance, service delivery and financial integrity management and ensures best practices are consistently applied across the market in every setting. Leads, manages, reviews and trains all functions within the facilities/departments of the assigned market and coordinates across markets to establish Novant Health standards. Oversees and coordinates functions related to but not limited to decontamination, assembly, sterilization and storage of instruments as well as ongoing maintenance, repairs and replacement. Manages relations and communications with clinical leaders, physicians and vendors. Responsible for keeping abreast of all standards of care and maintaining structured record keeping functions to ensure compliance with Federal, State & any accreditation requirements (i.e. Joint Commission).
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education Education Level Required/Preferred Description 4 Year / Bachelors Degree Required BSN or bachelor's degree in related field
- Experience Years of Experience Required/Preferred Description 5 Required Five years experience in theories and/or practice in Sterile Processing. 3 Required Three years of management experience. Preferred An understanding of the functions and relationships of the Sterile Processing and Central Supply environment. Refer to the
- Additional Skills/Requirements (required) • Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skill validation and competency testing. Demonstrate effective and appropriate customer service skills, verbal and nonverbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution skills, time management skills and critical thinking skills.
- NO Travel Required
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health