MANAGER RISK MANAGEMENT MDMC
METHODIST DALLAS MEDICAL CTR
DALLAS, TX, 75265-5999
Full-time · Day · 8 - 5
Req # 20060473
The Risk Manager will collaborate with hospital leadership and staff on the oversight of the Patient Safety and Risk Management Program. Primary focus is on the facilitation of performance improvement activities including teams, workgroups, task forces and committees and oversight of data analysis and display as they relate to patient safety, risk, high reliability practices, occurrence reporting, root cause analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) and detailed case reviews. Primary focus for standards compliance includes but is not limited to coordination of compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, Universal Protocol, CMS Conditions of Participation and Texas State Regulations.
Your Job Requirements:
- CPPS (Certified Professional in Patient Safety) or American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM) preferred or eligible within 2 years of hire.
- 4 years experience in hospital risk management / qualityâ€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹
- 3 years minimum experience as a direct care provider preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s in Nursing required. If RN, Texas License required.
- Expertise with Microsoft office products
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with hospital staff, medical staff and patient advocate in the implementation of risk reduction strategies in order to help maintain the Service-Quality-Patient Safety-Risk Management link.
- Serves as a resource to senior leadership to ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulatory standards/guidelines and national/marketplace trends/standards.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and education to coordinate educational activities for staff and students to foster a culture of patient safety
Additional Information: Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
- First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.