Manager – Payroll – Full TIme
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: October 29, 2020
Performs and coordinates the daily functions of payroll.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Supervises Accounting Assistant II/Payroll and assists in problem solving.
- Reviews time cards for compliance with personnel policy and accuracy and inputs into system. Follows up on discrepancies as required. Computes and posts payroll utilizing the Meditech System.
- Generates paychecks and distributes to department heads; prints regular payroll reports and reviews for accuracy. Generates direct deposit tape and transmits it to the bank.
- Prepares requests for A/P disbursements, withholdings and taxes.
- Requests wire transfer for Credit Union accounts and reconciles report.
- Reviews Hours and FTE/Staffing Patterns reports for accuracy prior to distribution.
- Computes and posts retroactive adjustments when necessary.
- Prepares reconciliation to assure all monthly activity has accurately interfaced with the general ledger system from the payroll system.
- Answers inquiries regarding payroll system and makes the Director of Finance aware of any problems.
- Prepares interim payroll disbursements and filings (e.g. Form 941) and reconciles to tax register. Prepares W-2s and year-end reconciliation to tax registers. Responsible for assuring all necessary W-2s are adjusted for life insurance, car allowance, etc.
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of three years of payroll experience or five years of experience may be substituted for AA Degree.
- Demonstrated numerical skills and ability to use job related computer software applications, including API and Microsoft Office.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)