Manager, Microbiology Lab
Job ID: 91645
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: TBD
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Manager, Microbiology Lab
When you join our team, you’ll become a part of a diverse, engaged, dynamic and welcoming team of professionals who are well integrated and well received within the Medical Center and in the community.
The successful Manager, Microbiology Lab candidate under limited supervision, serves as a member of the management team to manage and have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the daily operation of the Microbiology Laboratory. Coordinates and directs the administrative operation of the Microbiology Laboratory to achieve accuracy and efficiency in testing, adequate delivery of laboratory services, ensures compliance with standards of laboratory regulating agencies, manages and utilizes resources, staff and material consistent with organization mission.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in the particular area of specialization or related field required (i.e., MLS, etc.).
- Five (5) years of progressive laboratory and management experience required.
- Direct supervisory experience is required.
- Certification from a nationally recognized accrediting agency in the particular area of specialization is strongly preferred. Subspecialty certification preferred (i.e., ASCP, etc.).
- Demonstrates skill in critical thinking, diplomacy, and relationship building. Orientation to service excellence.
- Extensive knowledge of hospital based clinical laboratory processes and operations.
- Proficient supervisory and management skills, directing and managing the work of laboratory professionals and supervisory staff, including determining work priorities, auditing work quality, orienting and training, evaluating and discipline of staff.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
My days as a critical care transport and rapid response nurse are never the same. I have to be adaptable to changing patient circumstances and staff concerns. Practicing in an academic tertiary care center, there are always new innovations and practice changes. I always feel challenged to keep current on best practice and to provide the very best care to my patients and to help educate other staff. As a consult service, we work with the patient's primary care team in creating a plan to support changing patient conditions without judgment or blame. No matter what the concern, we thank the staff for calling us and we let them know that we are here for them 24/7.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW