Manager, Marketing and Communications
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Manager of Marketing & Communications is responsible for applying branding, marketing and communications best practices with regard to consumer behavior, traditional, digital and social media and messaging, brand architecture and market segmentation to drive Mount Nittany Health’s brand and marketing communications. The manager oversees and executes all aspects of marketing communications, including advertising, website development, and social media. The manager works very closely with Director, Brand & Community Engagement and the brand agency, as well as with communications team members, medical staff leadership, health system colleagues, and external vendors to plan and execute strategic media, messaging and communications for the health system, the medical center and physician’s group practices. This position interfaces frequently with senior executives, senior medical staff, and system leadership, as well as working closely with the Public Relations & Corporate Communications Strategist and the Community Engagement Manager to align messaging and communications across external audiences.
1) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Master’s degree preferred.
3) Preference will be given to graduates in Communications, Marketing, Business or a related field.
1) Five or more years’ experience in branding, marketing and communications for large organizations with formal brand structures.
2) Experience with annual strategic planning and budgeting.
3) Experience managing agencies and vendors for large and complex projects.
4) Experience in writing for publication, executive communications.
5) Healthcare experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of HIPPA compliance and ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all manner of topics including communications with the media and with
administrative/management information regarding physicians, trustees, employees and patients.
2) Strategic marketing planning skills, project management skills, and supervisory skills required.
3) Proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Word; Excel; Power Point; collaboration tools such as Basecamp and project management tools such as Workfront. Proficiency Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
4) Develops proficiency in MNH operational technology platforms.
5) Excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to manage numerous complex projects simultaneously working closely with agencies, freelancers and external vendors as well as delegating to internal team members.
6) Ability to work creatively, cooperatively and collaboratively with team members and all system departments and levels of the Health System, as well as the ability to work independently.
7) Excellent command of English language; grammar, spelling, writing and editing skills.
8) Excellent communication skills and ability to respond pleasantly, positively and calmly. Must learn Health System environment in timely manner
9) Must display professional mannerism and appearance and conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Medical Center.
10) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
1) Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license.
Receives supervision from the Director, Brand & Community Engagement.
Supervises a communications coordinators, specialists, volunteers, and interns.