Manager, IT Audit in Brentwood, TN at Health Support Center
Date Posted: 3/16/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
LifePoint Health was founded in 1999 on the idea that everyone deserves quality healthcare close to home and that strong healthcare creates strong communities. We began with a network of 23 hospitals in non-urban markets across the nation united by a singular mission: Making Communities Healthier. We are a financially strong company with significant healthcare operations expertise. We recognize that every community has unique healthcare needs, and for more than 17 years, we have worked to ensure the highest standards of quality care and excellent service to patients at each of our locations by understanding and responding to these needs. LifePoint has a track record of investing in state-of-the-art technology, facility improvements, physician recruitment and staff development. We give each of the facilities and providers within our network the resources they need to deliver high quality care and services to their communities and succeed in today’s healthcare marketplace.
LifePoint Health- Health Support Center
The Manager, IT Audit will plan, conduct, and report on IT audits and the IT Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process. Responsible for basic data analysis and scripting including understanding of data quality and reporting. Effectively communicates (oral and written) with all levels of department staff as well as hospital and corporate management. Ensure audit procedures performed fulfill the purposes and responsibilities established in the department to conform to the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT) Framework and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors or a similar professional organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Execute IT general controls, system implementation, business application audit work programs as assigned in a timely manner and with adequate supporting documentation for test work, findings, and corrective action plans.
- Manage the daily progress of multiple fieldwork projects including engagement status, identifying potential audit issues/operational improvements, and challenging current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls over information systems and discuss conclusions with management.
- Review current and develop new audit procedures.
- Compose well written, comprehensive issues including details, root cause, and recommendations.
- Collaborate with business process owners to evaluate, develop, and implement risk-based solutions.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
Supervise the work of others, including planning, assigning and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality standards, training staff and overseeing productivity. May offer recommendations for hiring, termination and pay adjustments, but do not have final responsibility for making these decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or Accounting or related field.
Experience: 5+ years of experience
Certifications: Must have an active CISA certification or be actively working towards the completion of the CISA requirements. Other relevant certifications a plus (e.g., CIA, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
- Business Mathematical Skills -- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Technical Computer Skills -- Demonstrate use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming, relational databases, and operating systems) and intermediate software packages.
- Organizational Communication -- Handles broad-based complex information across departments with company-wide impact. Presents to diverse audiences, and can negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Organizational Impact -- Decisions have significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a division. Job contributes to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of LifePoint.
Nature of Problems
- Organizational Business Problems -- Problems are broad, complex and abstract, often involving company-wide issues. Must develop solutions using substantial creativity, resourcefulness, innovation, negotiation and diplomacy.
- Functional Independent Judgement -- Provides and sets goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices, and programs. Makes decisions for and/or resolves problems for others.
- Project Management -- Handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project oversight, and resource allocation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Moderate overnight travel (up to 30%) by land and/or air
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.