Manager, Facilities Services
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Manager assumes responsibility to manage day to day operations of the unit/department to provide high quality and safe environment for both staff and patients. Coordinates and controls outside contractors in the performance of purchased services, or other building trades work. Assures work is performed in compliance with Life Safety and all other regulatory requirements and in conformance with hospital standards and practice. Supports contractors with required utility shutdowns and interfacing of existing systems. Plays an integral role in promoting a seamless integration of construction requirements and facility staff involvement. The manager directs and develops staff; collaborates with multidisciplinary professionals; and provides service excellence.
The Manager assists the Director with but not limited to:
- Workforce strategic planning;
- Establishing and implementing standards for practice and maintain authority, accountability and responsibility for staff in their area of responsibility;
- The ongoing support and cultivation of a culture of shared decision making;
- Budgeting and planning.
On rare occasions the Manager may be required to work weekends and/or holidays to support the changing nature of the department. Manages the operations and staff: Facilities and Plant Operations, Maintenance, Environment of Care, and Utility Management Plan.
1) Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering field. May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education.
2) Advanced degree in related field of study or specialty is preferred.
1) Five (5) years’ of plant engineering/maintenance experience.
2) Three (3) years’ facilities management experience.
3) Direct supervision of plant maintenance, plant operations and contracted services in a healthcare setting preferred.
4) Project management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
2) Demonstrated ability to work under stressful situations.
3) Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
4) Effectively functions as a liaison among staff, physicians, medical center administration, and ancillary departments.
5) Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment, and a professional attitude constantly.
6) Consistently demonstrates maturity for accountability of job performance.
7) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Medical Center.
8) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
9) Thorough knowledge of NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, BOCA Building Code, TJC regulations and all local, state and national building codes.
10) Detailed, technical knowledge in one or more engineering, design, construction or maintenance field.
1) Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
2) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.
3) American Society of Healthcare Engineering - Certified Healthcare Facilities Management (CHFM) preferred upon hire. Must be obtained within 1 year of hire/transfer to the position.