Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Manager assumes responsibility to manage day to day operations of the unit/department to provide high quality and safe patient care in a safe practice environment. The manager directs and develops staff; collaborates with multidisciplinary professionals; and provides service excellence.
The Manager assists the Director with but not limited to:
- Workforce strategic planning;
- Establishing and implementing standards for practice and maintain authority, accountability and responsibility for staff in their area of responsibility;
- The ongoing support and cultivation of a culture of shared decision making;
- Budgeting and planning.
Manages the operations and staff: Endoscopy
1) Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing required. May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education.
2) Master’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or equivalent preparation preferred.
1) 5+ years of direct care nursing experience.
2) 5+ years of leadership experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
2) Demonstrated ability to work under stressful situations.
3) Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
4) Effectively functions as a liaison among staff, physicians, medical center administration, and ancillary departments.
5) Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment, and a professional attitude constantly.
6) Consistently demonstrates maturity for accountability of job performance.
7) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Medical Center.
8) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
1) Current PA Registered Nurse licensure.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) After four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
4) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.
5) Appropriate professional certification preferred or required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam.