Maintenance Mechanic II – Full-time – Days
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: November 3, 2021
This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility equipment according to safety, and predictive maintenance, to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives. This position will be on call on a rotating schedule.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain equipment and working knowledge of the facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance as required.
- Perform floor mechanic’s duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair as needed.
- Perform a variety of plumbing, electrical, maintenance, and carpentry functions.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Responsible for maintaining regulated preventative maintenance(PM) for their area of responsibility.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- AA degree in maintenance, electrical or industrial maintenance, preferred.
- Completed a craft apprenticeship or equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience.
- Four years of maintenance experience preferably in a hospital or health care environment.
- Building Operators Certification, preferred
- Must have a valid Maryland driver's license and a driving record with no more than two (2) points.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)