Location Columbus, Ohio, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0017278
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Servicing the needs of our patients, runs the clinical operations of the center to ensure operations meet the demands of the center, leadership and growth demands.
- Leads and monitors performance of clinical operations and implements progressive improvements when needed.
- Ensures key performance targets are met, including but not limited to SSP metrics, wait times, care team integrity and Care Promoter engagement and turnover.
- Leads great quality selection and hiring of clinical staff including Licensed Practical Nurses, Care Promoters and Medication & Pharmacy Techs.
- Collaborates with PCPs to manage care team performance.
- Provides and facilitates orientation and onboarding of new care team members ensuring they are fully trained in philosophy of care, patient flow and clinical competencies to successfully perform their duties.
- Ensures OSHA, clinical and quality standards of ChenMed are met by monitoring performance and implementing corrective action plans when needed.
- Provides ongoing education and training in collaboration with the Market Clinical Manager to enable team members to meet patient care and organizational priorities.
- Supervises completion of patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning care team members and following up on work results.
- Manages and monitors operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; ensuring completion of preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Manages medical supply inventories to optimum levels by maximizing efficiencies.
- Completes all required training to dispense medications from medication room.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good business acumen and acuity
- Excellent knowledge and understanding for basic clinical care principles, techniques, functions, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb leadership and influence skills with the ability to mentor, motivate and inspire others to perform at maximum proficiency
- Skilled in taking patients’ vital signs and obtaining blood and other samples for laboratory work
- Demonstrates a quality mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals
- Innate ability to show compassion and empathy for patients and family members
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including physicians, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders
- Ability to use data to develop insights and manage multiple operations
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Ability to manage multiple processes and effectively lead a team
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Ability to be calm and flexible in busy or stressful situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus other database and/or presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English; Bilingual a plus (Spanish/Creole)
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 5 years’ related clinical work experience required
- A minimum of 1 year supervisory/managerial experience strongly preferred
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), with a valid, active license to practice nursing in current state of employment OR Certified Medical Assistant required
- LPN must have IV Therapy certification where required by State Board of Nursing
- BLS for healthcare providers required
- Experience working with geriatric patients preferred
- EMR system experience a plus
The Care Supervisor functioning under the supervision and guidance of the PCP and/or Clinical Dyad leader is responsible for organizing and directing the work of the clinical staff, coordinating staff activities and schedules to ensure that effective patient care services are provided, and ensuring quality standards are met. The incumbent in this role has primary responsibility of leading back office center operations including, quality, compliance, human resources, patient experience, clinical standards of care and direct supervision of employees. He/She is accountable for working with the medical leaders, care team members and patients to ensure VIP service delivery.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director