LPN or Medical Assistant Certified Medical Assistant Certified *$1,000 Sign On Incentive!*
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provide care to patients as directed by the provider, including preparing patients for examination, administering medications, assisting provider with procedures and performing various tests. The Medical Assistant will actively participate as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
1) High School diploma or equivalent required.
2) Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing
3) Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
1) One year of medical office and patient care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Knowledge of medical practice and patient care, medical equipment and instruments and examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
2) Knowledge of physician office procedures and medical terminology.
3) Basic knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines.
4) Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
5) Ability to assist in performing a variety of treatments and procedures, taking vital signs and recording and maintaining test results.
6) Ability to record data accurately using a computer.
7) Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
1) Penssylvania Practical Nursing License
2) Medical Assistant certification required. Certification is required within 6 months from date of hire or transfer into the Medical Assistant position.
3) BLS certification required.