LPN, CPPS Dr. Azzo in Richlands, VA at Clinch Valley Medical Center
Date Posted: 12/23/2020
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
Clinch Valley Medical Center (CVMC) is a 200-bed facility and the largest acute-care hospital in far southwest Virginia. The hospital’s medical staff represents 33 medical specialties. For more information please visit: https://www.clinchvalleyhealth.com/
Clinch Valley Medical Center
The LPN is responsible for providing nursing care consistent with the goals and philosophy of the Clinch Market Physician Services. The LPN is required to provide professional nursing care and assists in the delivery of health care management for patients. This position requires strong clinical and critical thinking skills. The LPN must be able to multi-task in a very fast paced medical office environment. May be required to help cover other areas as needed. Is responsible for collection of specimens (routine, timed and Stat). Establishes proper identification of patient and completely labels all specimens collected to maintain proper identification. Documents all collection information required on each requisition and in the accession logbook. Responsible for the processing referral specimens, charting of all lab reports, proper documentation of charting in accession log books, and notifying lab of any stat tests. Also responsible for performing, documentation and charting bedside blood sugars on patients, performing and documenting bedside testing QC each shift. Must put through all appropriate collection and testing charges and document the charges in the accession log book. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide/assess care with regard for the Neonatal, Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and geriatric population served. Performs all activities in an ethical and professional manner.
Essential Job Functions/ Duties
- Responsible for assisting the healthcare provider in providing direct patient care which includes, but is not limited to
- Equipment preparation for medical treatments, exams, and medical procedures.
- Obtaining and updating the patient’s medical history, medication lists, vital signs, height, weight, visual acuity and determining patient’s chief complaint.
- Scheduling of appointments and procedures as ordered by provider.
- Responsible for prescription refills as authorized by provider.
- Obtains insurance pre-authorizations as required for testing and scheduled procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
- Administers prescribed oral, inhalation, intramuscular and subcutaneous injections as ordered by the healthcare provider in accordance with practice policy and procedure requirements.
- Must complete safety instructional programs. Follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients, clinic, and hospital.
- Must report all incidents, hazards, drug interactions, and initiate appropriate action.
- Must complete assigned job duties within appropriate working hours. It is the responsibility of the employee to manage their time wisely
- Collects all specimens in a timely manner and routes to proper location with requisitions. May place in centrifuge when appropriate.
- Takes temperature of refrigerators/freezers in assigned area, documents and initials daily.
- Reports any unfinished duties to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Licensed Practical Nursing
Licensure: Must hold an active and unrestricted Virginia nursing license or must be compact state eligible. Valid Virginia Driver’s License.
Special Qualifications: Current BLS certification. ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire and maintained accordingly, PALS and Phlebotomy skills preferred.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.