Licensed Professional Counselor / Behavioral Health Specialist in Sylva, NC at Harris Regional Hospital
Date Posted: 1/11/2022
Harris Regional Hospital, established in 1925, is an 86-bed acute and specialty care facility serving a primary service area of the western North Carolina counties of Jackson, Swain, Graham, and Macon as well as parts of North Georgia. For more information on Harris Regional Hospital please visit: http://www.lifepointhealth.net/serving-communities/our-communities/harris-regional-hospital
Harris Regional Hospital
Provides emergency psychiatric and substance abuse assessment, diagnosis, and crisis intervention to patients/families identified by the Emergency Department or Medical floor as having psychiatric and/or substance abuse consultation needs. This may include referral and placement at inpatient facilities or outpatient discharge planning with patients/families. Provides a comprehensive first evaluation for patients in the involuntary commitment process.
Behavioral Health responsibilities in this role may include: group therapy; completing Psychosocial Assessments; facilitating individual and /or family therapies; developing, implementing and reviewing treatment plan; case management discharge planning. Additional Social Worker duties may include facilitation of smooth transition for patients from one level of care to another using available resources.
1. Provides behavioral health assessment, in partnership with the ED physician, to patients who present to the Emergency Department including recommendations for level of care needs
2. Completes comprehensive first evaluations for patients under Involuntary Petition
3. Facilitates disposition to inpatient Behavioral Health units as appropriate
4. Coordinates/Develops appropriate safety plan/measures if patient’s plan is to be discharged to the community
5. Provides brief, solution-focused interventions to patients with the goal of assisting in stabilizing crisis
6. Provides information to hospital staff related to community resources and behavioral health processes. Coordinates with outpatient Behavioral Health service providers to create continuity of care including securing outpatient appointments as necessary.
7. Completes behavioral health consultations with patients that present for medical services throughout the hospital system either in person or by use of telemedicine equipment
8. Assists Providers: Psychosocial Assessments; Discharge planning; Treatment plan development and review; Group therapy; and Individual therapy.
9. Monitors compliance with standards of care for patients with behavioral health needs in the Emergency Department. This includes making recommendations related to maintaining a safe environment of care and level of observation needs of the patient.
10. Actively participates in data collection for patients with behavioral health needs
11. Knowledgeable of community agency resources and able to facilitate processes involved in obtaining the same.
12. Able to provide patients/families with information regarding available financial assistance options, i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, etc. Facilitate referrals for financial assistance by providing names and numbers of contact persons and locations.
13. Knowledgeable of available support groups in the area and able to supply information as needed.
14. Provides concise and informative documentation in the medical record regarding patient, family or physician encounters, services or resources provided or information given regarding these.
15. Assists with transfer arrangements for case management patients.
16. Provides input into resource utilization and appropriate care settings.
17. Maintains positive working relations with Behavioral Health, skilled care, long term care, rehab, nursing home facilities as well as home health and durable medical agencies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Education: Masters Degree in Social Work is preferred, but not required.
2. Licensure: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or be License eligible. Must attain license within 3 years of hire into this position.
3. Minimum 3 years experience providing care in mental health, counseling, and/or substance abuse field is desired, but not required.
4. American Heart Association BLS life safety class attended within 90 days of hire and maintain thereafter
5. CPI or other Crisis Intervention training within 90 days of hire
1. Experience providing crisis services
2. Experience working in the Emergency Department
3. Experience working on an inpatient Behavioral Health Unit
4. Knowledge of Recovery and Wellness Philosophy
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
- Substance Abuse Counselor Jobs
- Behavioral Therapist Jobs
- Jobs in Clyde, North Carolina
- Substance Abuse Counselor Jobs Clyde, North Carolina
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.