LPN, full time, weekdays for WFHN Urology-Gatewood in High Point.
Under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician, provides nursing services in the care and treatment of patients.
Graduation from an accredited LPN training program. Previous experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a clinical or other health care setting preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of North Carolina. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCSL) required. Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) may be required within one year in select areas.
1. Provides patient/family centered care, acting as partner and adviser, assists and supports patients and families to optimally manage their health care, respecting their culture and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences
2. Applies critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment in order to expedite appropriate care and treatment, especially given that the patient may be present with complex problems or potentially life threatening conditions. Uses critical thinking in clinical problem-solving relative to the scope of practice, knowledge, competency, and experience.
3. Assists medical staff with preparation, examination, and procedure to include interviewing/screening patients to obtain personal data and chief complaint, documentation for records, and vital signs. Performs telephone and in-person screenings.
4. Participates in recording and reporting responsibilities; documents findings relevant to patient's health care status or plan of care, documents accurately and consistently in accordance with approved policies/procedures.
5. Prioritizes and documents patient incoming phone calls, as assigned, regarding medications, medical conditions, and reviews with provider as needed for orders or changes.
6. Cleans and stocks examination rooms and/or other supply areas.
7. Documents all patient care delivered in the medical record according to the medical center policy.
8. Participates in regular team meetings and continuous quality improvement activities.
9. Participates in patient and family teaching, as assigned by the Registered nurse or provider, to assist the patient in knowledge, reach an optimum level of health, and to participate in self-care. The teaching will be through an established teaching plan.
10. Performs and maintains competency for point of care testing as assigned, ensuring compliance with WFBH Point of Care policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
11. Complies with the Medical Center mission, vision, and values as well as the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and Service line standards in caring for patients
Excellent interpersonal skills
Solid oral and written communication skills
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Basic computer skills
Must display positive attitude with good customer service skills
Spanish speaking preferred
Contact with patients and family members under wide variety of circumstances
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings
Well-lighted, well-ventilated, and adequate space
Regular exposure to blood-borne diseases, infectious and contagious diseases
Possible exposure to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
Subject to many interruptions
Subject to irregular hours
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.