Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Med Surg
Job ID: 93318
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: to include everyother weekend
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Full-Time – Day Shift
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Are you an LPN looking to further your career? BWMC offers a 6-month bridge program!
LPN Bridge Program – transitioning LPNs into the acute care setting at BWMC
The LPN Bridge Program at the University of Maryland, Baltimore Washington Medical Center includes clinical education classes, clinical experience, Monthly seminars, and progress meetings with leadership.
The BWMC LPN Bridge Program is a 6-month program aimed at providing the tools that both a novice LPN as well as an Experienced LPN who is new to the acute care setting will need to be successful.
General Summary Under moderate supervision, the staff Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a licensed caregiver who performs as a team member who has a thorough knowledge of scientific principles, methods, and technical skills to treat and care for adult and older adult patients. All work is performed under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
The Power of Caring
Within all of us, there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
Join our talented team of Registered Nurses and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
At the University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success— and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
Click HERE to meet our Chief Nursing Officer and learn more about nursing at UM BWMC.
- 7 West is a 30-bed acute medical/surgical unit consisting of all private rooms.
- Patients are admitted from all areas of the hospital, the Emergency Department, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) or directly from provider’s offices.
- The unit provides 24-hour nursing care for pulmonary, gastroenterology, and general medical/surgical patients, using a multidisciplinary team approach consistent with the mission and vision of UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center.
- The most common diagnoses of the 7 West patient populations include pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cellulitis, deep vein thrombosis, sepsis, infectious disease, various gastrointestinal disorders, stroke and renal disease.
For immediate consideration, email your updated resume to email@example.com or click here to schedule a call with me!
What You Need to Be Successful:
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Practical Nursing is required.
- Currently licensed by the Maryland State Board of Nursing required.
- Recent appropriate nursing practice (within the past 5 years) or refresher course within the past six (6) months.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I believe the respiratory therapists within our hospital are very well-respected, and we tend to be valued as a team member when coming to patient care. We work very well with our multi-disciplinary staffing to make sure we come up with the best care for our patients, and our opinions actually matter and they're valued. And you would see that a lot of our physicians and nurses will come to us for recommendations, and we work very well for an overall plan. So this is something that's great for our community.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW